In the middle of the town center there is the Town Hall Square with its magnificent ensemble of important buildings. There is not just one town hall here, but two. First, the old town hall from 1554, which today houses the Regional Museum and then the imposing "new" town hall building, in which today the administration and the guest office are housed. In addition, the buildings of the Protestant community of St. Michael are to be found in this square: the parsonage, the parish hall and last but not least the St. Michael's Church, which was created in its present form between 1716 and 1718. The Town Hall Square is often filled with life: at the "Kerb", at the Christmas market or at the "Märchen- und Sagentage" (fairy tale and saga days).